Thursday, January 24, 2013

Blanket Beginnings

18 skeins
I have acquired some yarn. Of course, by "some yarn" I mean a lot of yarn because I'm makin' a blanket! I originally came up with this idea because of Knitty's Templeton Square contest. Unfortunately, it took me so long to figure out exactly what I want to do and which colors to use that I seriously doubt I'm going to be able to finish in time to submit to the contest. On the other hand, I will have a really nice blanket!

I cast on as soon as I finished fooling around with the pile of yarn. Small beginnings are going to lead to something fantastic!

Before the night was through, however, I was more than halfway done with my first square. Maybe there's hope after all?

By the next evening, I had a second square attached to the first. My camera seems to hold something against red and I could not get it properly focused, but I danced when I finished attaching the squares anyway.

I'm hoping to finish the next square today and attach it, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment