Saturday, June 1, 2013

Batch O' Hats

I have another group of hats ready to go. This time they're headed to a local charity, Johnson County Christmas Bureau. JCCB serves more than 12,000 people every year, giving them access to coats, scarves, mittens, hats, personal care items, and other necessities. They're having a Christmas in July event that I'm going to try to attend. It is very close to when we move away and we haven't planned everything out yet, but if I have to miss it I will just have to drop them in a donation bin around town.


This time I used a pound of yarn, but wanted to break up the monotony, so I used some pretty blue leftovers to make a hat as well. Also going is a crocheted hat I found that I made a couple of years ago and have never worn. I thought it might like to find a home where its cute little stripes see the light of day every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment