Thursday, May 9, 2013

Black Death Shawl

I have made myself a shawl. I've never made a shawl for myself before, and I kinda love it. Picspam to follow. First I steam blocked it. I didn't do it too harshly, and one of the corners looks like it will need some more steam but it's totally wearable!

Pattern here.


I can of course wear it "grandma style," which I rather like. Would probably be the warmest way to wear it, even if it's not fashionable.


Of course I had to get one of these shots, since everyone seems to have one. I really like the way it looks stretched out, and I'm considering reblocking it a little more harshly. On the other hand, it's already squooshy and lovely.


Apparently this is the fashionable way to wear triangular shawls nowadays. Point is in front and to one side. I like it, and this is probably how I'll wear it most of the time. On the other hand, it really emphasizes...half of my chest. Which I giggled at when I saw this picture. Chatham didn't warn me, of course.


Then again, Chatham also thinks I should wear it like this to keep my head warm. I don't have a picture of the back, but I'm pretty sure it looks ridiculous, and wasn't really keeping my neck warm, which I think is the point of a shawl.


A final glam shot on the railing. The light coming through the shawl makes the subtle lace really stand out.


I think it is just absolutely fabulous and can't wait for it to be cold again so I can wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment