Friday, May 24, 2013

Rut

I am in a knitting rut. I realized how long it's been since I updated the blog, and then realized I don't really have any new finished objects to show you. Well, that's not entirely true.


I test knit this pair of Simply Lovely Mittens. That is the only thing I have finished since I last updated my blog. I knit them in a single night, and took the pictures the next day. They're cute, but they're minuscule considering how much time has passed since my last entry.

Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't been knitting. I've worked on a scarf (and may have just cast on a cowl this evening....), and a hat. I also have a sock that I started for a vacation.


I reached a knot in the ball of self striping yarn, and I'm trying to decide if I want to just continue knitting with the joined piece, or if I should try to get back to where I am in the color repeat. I'm afraid that if I do the latter I won't have enough yarn for the second sock. Of course, I could always use the part I cut out for the toe, but then I'd be going through a lot of extra effort for socks that don't end up matching anyway.

I'm so close to the toe and I know I should just make a decision, but it's tough. I'm annoyed that I have a knot in a ball of self striping yarn, though I know it's considered acceptable by the manufacturer. I suppose the first step would be figuring out where in the color repeat the tie on is...and then weighing the remaining yarn and how much I'd have to cut out t see if I have enough for a second sock...plus the cut out yarn wouldn't be wasted because I could make hexipuffs...I am beginning to come up with a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment