Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Colorwork

I've been really into colorwork for the last two weeks. First, I made a few dishcloths for the Walker Treasury Project. I have a few more planned too, and I already have a load of dishcloths but I'm not sure you can have enough! I like swapping them out after one use, so the more the merrier.

Stripe and Rib Pattern
They are bot slip stitch patterns, so they're not too difficult. I like both of them, though the red and white pattern involved a lot of slipping stitches from one side of the needles to the other for it's colorwork. If I were going to do it again, I would definitely leave off the garter border and knit only the colorwork portion. After casting off, I'd add some sort of crocheted border to keep it laying flat.

Four Stitch Check Pattern
I also got a book full of hat patterns for my birthday, and pulled out three colors from my most recent 5 lb yarn acquisition to whip up a hat.


It was supposed to be long and slouchy. So far I've only achieved the long part. I'm going to try stretching it over a plate or bowl in an attempt to make it slouchier. I like it as is, but I might look a little bit like a conehead. I'm not sure I can pull it off, so I'm hoping for some slouch!

I like the look of the corrugated ribbing, but it is definitely not as stretchy as regular ribbing and I'm not sure I love it for hats. I also really like the snowflake motif. I'm considering using it in something else too. Perhaps some sort of matching cowl or scarf? Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment