Friday, August 10, 2012

Return of the Computer

I finally have my computer back! Yay! I lost almost nothing with my hard drive, thanks to a recent backup. Unfortunately, my upcoming blog posts were one of the few things I lost. Plus, I’ve moved! So to celebrate, I discovered a new cone of variegated cotton yarn where I am now, and made a few dishcloths with it. I think it’s my favorite variegated yarn so far!

First, a fun short row cloth that makes a starfish. I modified it a bit, as many others have, by only knitting 5 points. It sewed up just fine, though I think I might need some more practice seaming before I give one of these away. It's a bit messy.
Pattern found here.
 I also modified the Mason Dixon mitered hanging towel to make just a square dishcloth. I think I cast on 66 stitches. It came out to be almost 7.5 inches square.

This is actually the first one cloth I knit, testing the variegated pattern. It's a basic Grandma's Favorite cloth. I am really enamored with this yarn, and I'm considering buying a few more cones of it while I can...

Pattern found here.
Now that my computer has returned to me, I will be able to show you all the things I've been making in the last month. Stay tuned for a birthday gift to a wee girlie turning two!

No comments:

Post a Comment