Saturday, April 14, 2012

Housewarming Gift Set

I started out innocently enough. I saw a pattern I knew was perfect for one of my cousins, PLUS it had these adorable bobbles. How on earth could I resist? Honestly, I didn't even try. It turned out to be so excruciatingly cute, I think I'm going to make one for myself. It was a little difficult to photograph because it's been cloudy, but it says "tea" at the bottom and then has a tea cup with cute bobbles as accents.

Pattern found here.
Then, I sent her a Facebook message to get her address, only to find out that she was moving sooner than I'd thought. So I had about a week before she was going to be in her new place and didn't want to risk mailing it so late. I finished blocking the cloth, folded it up, and placed it in a padded bag along with a note. It filled up maybe half the bag. It looked so lonely. SO. I made a coffee cozy because I know this cousin also likes coffee!

Pattern found here.
This is 2x2 rib. Stripes are knit only to hide the purl bumps.
I finished that in a night. I still had a bunch of pink. This pink is something I originally got to make something for a friend. I am not a fan of pink, though working with it on my blue needles was rather pretty. I decided to  make a reusable produce bag. I was looking for something lightweight, so it wouldn't add to the price of something at the register, and so that it would be easy to carry into the store.
Pattern found here.
The ends of the I-cord looks a little funny because I didn't make the knot tight enough, oops!
It's the smallest size because I was now worried about all of it fitting inside the padded bag I'd already addressed. Folding it up was difficult, reminiscent of my fruitless attempts to make a neat bundle out of a fitted sheet. Anyway. I got it all into the bag, which has gone from sad and empty looking to rather stuffed.

I think I'm getting better at this knitting thing. Also, my birthday was the 6th, and I got several lovely books related to knitting to stoke my knitting obsession. I'm almost done with Knitting Rules! by the writer of the Yarn Harlot blog my boyfriend knows I'm obsessed with. I've also looked through The Knitter's Life List and copied down all the different types of yarn for myself, because I've so far only made things with cotton and wool. Of course, to fulfill this list I'll need a job, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Oh well. It's good to have dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment